We've been together since 2007 though we could say 2006.
We are now married, own our home, have three of the cutest basset babies you've ever seen, and we're adopting.
This is a piece of our story.

Friday, October 17, 2014

The best morning

This morning has been the best morning, and it isn't even eleven. I have no pictures from this morning but that is because it was so amazing being entirely in the moment. By some magical happenstance my husband and I have today and tomorrow off together, and while that is a regular occurrence for some families ours is not one of them. So we planned the pumpkin patch for today, and a zoo boo event that our local zoo does each year for our day tomorrow with our best friends and their son-our god son. Before you think it, we haven't even been to the pumpkin patch yet. My best morning ever is an entirely ordinary morning but it is a morning I have been dreaming of most of my life. 

We woke up and made breakfast together, and had pancakes and turkey sausage sitting together and laughing. She had milk we had coffee. She finished before us and asked to get down while we finished so she played in our dining room with the pups while we watched on and encouraged. 

I went to check my phone- that had been left in our bedroom due to its lack of importance on a lazy family morning- to check to see if my parents had called since they were going to the pumpkin patch with us. They were running behind because the veterans hospital still hadn't gotten to them. I told them not to worry because we were just having fun. 

Well in comes my munchkin and the pups followed closely by my husband. She wanted to sit with me on the bed after seeing the pups jump up, so we all climbed on together and some how end up with the three of us-sans puppies- under the covers making forts. Let me tell you, down blankets with morning light shining trough the windows and the white cloth, looks a lot like dozens of galaxies all with their own solar systems and super novas. We just laid there and watched her explore and held her hands as she jumped on the bed-yes we did and I don't care what anyone thinks- we were making memories.

Eventually we heard a crashing noise and ran out to check what Toby was doing. We knew it would be him, and it was. He had eaten the rest of the pancakes off her plate and mine-they had been on the table. We laughed it off and cleaned it up. and danced in the living room to Weezer. 

And now I have received the text from my parents to tell me they are headed to us and I still need to get our little family dressed, because in all of the amazingness of our everyday wonderful morning, it just wasn't important.

off to the pumpkin patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment